Options & Add ONs
Style is important, but so is functionality when it comes to your outdoor building or shed. Add on features to make your building exactly what you need it to be. Below are the structural and appearance options that you can use to dial in your shed design. From windows with shutters, door options, flooring upgrades to stud and truss spacing, we’ve got options for your shed. You can add built-in workbenches and shelves, a radiant heat barrier to help regulate inside temperatures, or a vapor barrier to further protect valuables against the elements.
Siding is the first feature you will see when you glance over at your structure sitting in the midst of your lawn or outdoor landscape. Your siding material should be selected with care, and we have a variety of options.
Choose from the traditional shed look of 5/8in T1-11 Pressure Treated & Sealed siding…or 3/8in LP Smart Panel, which can be painted, or urethane stained in a variety of colors.
Vertical Metal Siding may also be available depending on your area. It is made from high-grade 29-gauge steel and includes a 30-year limited warranty against rust-through. It provides a premium architectural appearance, is 100% recyclable and reflects solar heat better than other options.
5/8” T1-11 PRESSURE TREATED
T1 – 11 is tried and true, premium grade real plywood exterior siding that is protected against rotting, fungal decay and termites.
- 24in ON CENTER STUDS / 24in ON CENTER TRUSSES (66% thicker siding easily spans 24in on center stud spacing)
- Double studded at siding seams to resist treated wood’s tendency to shrink, same number of studs as 16in on center
- All PRESSURE TREATED wood features a LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY against termites and fungal decay
- Tried and true PREMIUM grade REAL PLYWOOD SIDING
- 5/8in thick, 66% THICKER than many competing siding products
- Available Coatings: Water Sealer (only)
3/8” LP SMART PANEL
LP Smart Panel is treated with LP’s proprietary SmartGuard ® process. With four components of protection, the process adds strength, is weather resistant, and helps the siding withstand impacts, freeze/thaw cycles, high humidity, fungal decay and termites.
- 16in ON CENTER STUDS / 24in ON CENTER TRUSSES / DOUBLE TOP STUD PLATE
- SMARTGUARD TREATMENT makes this engineered wood product WATER RESISTANT
- SMARTGUARD ZINC BORATE TREATMENT provides fungal decay, termite, and impact RESISTANCE
- Comes with a 50 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY from the manufacturer
- Available Coatings: Paint & Urethane (only)
Our metal siding (and roofing) is made from high – grade 29 – gauge steel and includes a 30 – year limited warranty against rust – through. It provides a premium architectural appearance, is 100% recyclable and reflects solar heat better than other options.
- 24in ON CENTER STUDS / 24in ON CENTER TRUSSES
- Choose up to 3 different colors for walls, wall trim, and roof at no additional charge: Note: Roof trim must be same color as roof panels
- With a 3/16in thickness, BUBBLE WRAP is a radiant heat barrier with 95% reflectivity. See more Protective Barriers below.
- Available Color Options: Same as Metal Roofing
We offer both Engineered Tongue & Groove as well as Pressure Treated Square Edge, so that you can choose the floor decking material that is best suited for the intended use of your shed. Additional charges may apply depending on the material and thickness chosen.
Standard flooring is designed for 300 lbs. The POINT LOAD is spread evenly over an area no less than 5 inches by 5 inches. Additional options are available upon request from your local dealer.
5/8” TREATED SQUARE EDGE
- 5/8in CDX Grade Square Edge, Pressure Treated Plywood
- Lifetime warranty against termites & fungal decay
- Choose this flooring if you want a lifetime warranty against termites & fungal decay and are not as concerned with small imperfections and knots in the appearance or seam gaps due to shrinkage from the pressure treating process
- For increased Flooring Weight Limits, UPGRADE to 3/4in Pressure Treated Plywood or DOUBLED 3/4in Pressure Treated Plywood for an additional charge.
5/8” ENGINEERED TONGUE & GROOVE
- 5/8in Tongue and Groove, Engineered Panels
- Exceptional strength & stiffness for a flatter, more stable floor
- Free of knots and patches with a thermally fused face
- Advanced resins are moisture resistant
- Choose this if you want a seamless floor with a virtually flawless appearance
- For increased Flooring Weight Limits, UPGRADE to 3/4in Engineered Tongue & Groove Panels or DOUBLED 3/4in Engineered Tongue & Groove Panels for an additional charge.
FLOOR JOIST OPTIONS
- 16in on center pressure treated floor joists – standard
- 12in on center pressure treated floor joists – optional (standard on garages)
- 2x4in Pressure treated floor joists – standard
- 2x6in Pressure treated floor joists – optional (standard on 14ft wide and above)
Choose the upgraded look of our 29-gauge metal roofing, available in a wide array of colors and backed by a 30-year limited warranty. OR…match your home’s roof for looks or for HOA compliance using our residential grade architectural shingles, available in commonly used colors.
METAL ROOF ADVANTAGE
- 29 Gauge high quality metal
- 30 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY | All metal roofing and siding comes with a 30-year limited warranty against rust through
- Provides your building with an upscale architectural appearance
- Does not depend on foreign oil as a raw material
- Metal is 100% recyclable & worry-free
SHINGLE ROOF ADVANTAGES
- Residential grade architectural shingles
- 30 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
- Match your home or existing building(s)
From floor joist size and spacing to wall stud and roof truss spacing, we offer several framing options and upgrades that might be important to consider depending on the intended use for your shed and what you plan to put inside it.
Framing options may be especially beneficial to all the DIYers out there. If you are looking to transform your building and add insulation, framing options may need to be considered for accurate measurements and ease of installation.
Note: 16″ on center is standard on painted buildings. 24” on center is standard for treated buildings
Choose doors that make the most sense for how you’re using your shed. Got a riding mower, double barn doors or even a roll-up garage door might be the choice. Using your shed as a home office, you’ll want a lockable walk-in door. For both the walk-in and barn-style doors, options with windows are available if you like the look and want to get more natural light into your space.
- 3’ Single Barn Door
- 3’ Single Barn Door with Window
- 4’ Single Barn Door
- 4’ Single Barn Door with Window
- Double Barn Door
- Double Barn Door with Windows
- House Style Door, No Window (opens IN and to the RIGHT only)
- House Style Door with 9 Lite Window (opens IN and to the RIGHT only)
- Opening Loft Door (Lofted Barns only)
- 9’ x 7’ Garage Door (wall must be at least 12′w x 8′h. 12″ on-center floor joists will be included)
- 8’ x 7’ Garage (Wall must be at least 10′w x 8′h. 12″ on-center floor joists will be included. 10’ wide buildings require 2 additional skids.)
Whether your shed will just be used for storage or something more, we offer a variety of windows that will not only provide the function you need…but can add a lot of visual character to the inside and outside of your shed. Consider how well insulated you want your building to be, whether you want some cross-circulation during the summer months, or whether bringing in more natural light is your priority.
- 2’ x 3’ Single Pane Window
- 2’ x 3’ Double Pane Window
- 3’ x 3’ Single Pane Window
- 3’ x 3’ Double Pane Window
- 10” x 29” Window (can be run horizontally or vertically)
- 10” x 35” Window (can be run horizontally or vertically)
Other Options & Add Ons
Whether you’re looking for built-in workbenches and shelves, want to add a radiant heat barrier to help regulate inside temperatures, or need a vapor barrier to further protect valuables against the elements…we have an assortment of add-ons to help you dial in your dream shed.
Interior add-ons, such as a workbench or shelves, can add much needed storage space for better organization solutions in your building or shed. Need more space up top? Add a loft as an additional level of storage in your shed.
- Workbench (includes a single shelf below the work-surface, priced per foot of length)
- Shelves (includes 3 tiers, priced per foot of length)
- Loft (8ft included FREE with Lofted Barns, additional loft is priced per foot of depth)
Exterior add-ons include subtle architectural details that can give your shed that little bit of extra visual charm. Options include extra porch posts and railing, 6” overhangs on the front and back gable ends, 7/12 roof pitch on Utility Sheds.
- Extra Porch Post
- Porch Railing
- 6” Front & Back Roof Overhang
- 7/12 Roof Pitch (only for 8’, 10’ or 12’ wide Utility Sheds with 6′ or 7′ walls)
A vapor barrier is recommended if you plan to insulate your building. Our radiant barriers possess impressive energy efficiency, reducing building temperatures by up to 30% by reflecting the sun’s heat.
- House Wrap Vapor Barrier
- Roof Tar Paper (recommended for shingle roofs)
- Tech Shield Radiant Heat Barrier (for shingle or metal roofs)
- Silver Tech Radiant Barrier (available for LP Smart Panel only)
UTILITY SHED WALL HEIGHTS
Increased wall heights on Utility Sheds are helpful if you plan to install shelving or tall tool storage solutions.
- 6’3 Walls
- 8’ Walls (Utilities Only)
Note: Walls taller than 6ft 3in on Lofted Sheds or taller than 8ft on Utility sheds require a build on site.