Our Animal Shelters have a 4x6in pressure treated perimeter base to make it deliverable by our drivers yet will resist rotting from ground moisture. You can add stalls, partitions, or a tack room depending on the size. Animal Shelters are ENGINEER CERTIFIED!
With our Animal Shelters, don’t be afraid of maximizing the space for your animals by adding multiple stalls. Tack rooms can also be used as an additional storage space for farm goods and small tools, or even a workspace for projects.
The basics of our Animal Shelters
Our Animal Shelters were designed with your animals in mind. When bad weather starts to roll in, having a place for your animals to go to is a safe choice and a smart investment. Our Animal Shelters can be built using pressure treated T1-11 siding as well as our LP Smart Panel™ siding and the roofing choices can be metal siding or shingles.
- 4in x 6in Pressure Treated perimeter base
- 1-1/4in Pressure Treated Kick Boards approximately 4ft high, spaced 1-1/2in apart
- Standard stall opening is 8ft wide
- One stall is standard per 12ft of length (10ft x 12ft = 1 stall, 10ft x 20ft = 1 stall, 10ft x 24ft = 2 stalls). Tack room is not included**
- Additional stalls (includes opening and divider) can be added for an additional cost (optional)
- Buildings will be set directly on ground with no blocking.
- Ground must be suitable for application prior to delivery
Available Sizes On Our Animal shelters
Below you will see the standard sizes that our Animal Shelters are built in. There are occasions where we are able to build them with some basic size modifications, but that must be discussed with your local dealer and shop to see if your modifications fall within the parameters of the Backyard Outfitters factory in your area. The standard Animal Shelter sizes are:
10‘ x 10’
10’ x 12’
10’ x 14’
10’ x 16’
10’ x 20’
12’ x 16’
12’ x 20’
12’ x 24’
12’ x 28’
12’ x 32’
12’ x 36’
12’ x 40’
A Note about our tackrooms
- Tack rooms require a minimum of 4ft added to the 12ft of length needed per stall (E.g., 1-stall plus a 4ft wide tack room requires a minimum of 16ft total length)
- Standard Tack Room placement starts on an end wall.
- Additional cost to start on an inside divider wall (E.g., Centered between two stalls)
- Tongue and Groove, Engineered Panels flooring
- OSB divider wall between tack room and stall
- 3ft Wooden Barn Door on all tack rooms or upgrade to 4ft Wooden Barn Door
Some sizes may not be available in select areas. Please check with your Local Dealer HERE
Backyard Outfitters and its associates are not responsible for permits, covenant searches, restrictions, set backs, yard damage, or underground damage. Please contact your local Building Inspector or Homeowners Association for information. It is the customer’s responsibility to decide if ground conditions are unsuitable for delivery. Free Delivery covers one trip up to 30 miles one way, over 30 miles subject to a $2/mile (8ft and 10ft wide) or $3.50 /mile (12ft and 14ft wide) charge one way, and any additional trips may also incur charges to the customer. Free Setup includes leveling, starting with one corner at ground level, up to 3ft with customer supplied blocks, we can supply blocks for $2.00 each. Custom Orders require a Non-Refundable deposit to order, see dealer for details.
Standard Siding Colors
Urethane Stain Upgrades
Standard roof material options
Rustic Red (Metal)
Hunter Green (Metal)
Weathered Wood (Shingle)
Dark Brown (Shingle)
Please Note: Not all products, materials and sizes are available in all areas. See your dealer for details.